Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Adoption Day 2011

As with every year around June 16th (the date our adoption was finalized) we go away as a family and celebrate becoming a forever family. Last year we did the same, however, it was much more low-key....we had just buried dad the week before and well it was a tough day as the weekend typically always falls on Father's Day as well.

I think everyone of us was "feeling" the missing piece of the puzzle, the big hole that was left in our family. One of the boys looked at me and proclaimed, "I don't like you....I want a new mommy!" If he only knew what that really meant...I'm sure he wouldn't have said it. Oh well, life goes on and I'm sure I'll hear it many more times over! :-)

Here's a few pictures of our adoption day last year - Medieval Times was our event!

No comments: